Queanbeyan GP Super Clinic is an accredited practice and has an integrated approach to patient care, with 26 general practitioners, a nurse team, allied health team and visiting specialists.
The Receptionist role is critical to the effectiveness and efficiency of the clinic; working with a team of 25 receptionists and reporting to the Reception Manager.
Job tasks and responsibilities
in accordance with the practice policies and procedures:
· answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner
· receive and convey messages in writing, verbally and electronically
· liaise with patient and their families in a compassionate manner
· liaise with GPs, other health professionals and their staff
· make appointments
· handle cash, EFTPOS and other payments
· manage documents both hardcopy and softcopy
· manage incoming and outgoing communications, including fax, scan, SMS, email and letter
· type documents as required with a high level of accuracy
· as required place orders for stationery and/or clinical supplies as directed
· action reasonable requests from practitioners
· participate in practice ongoing professional development activities
· contribute equitably to maintaining the cleanliness of the practice
· adhere to practice dress standards
· any other administrative or reception duties as directed by the Reception Team Leader or their delegate.
Safety and quality
· participate in the practice risk management and quality improvement processes
· record incidents and near-misses in line with practice policy
· practice duty of care including meeting practice standards and accountability
· maintain patient and practice confidentiality at all times
· ensure the practice building and work spaces are conducive to a safe and practical work environment
· work to governance processes and standards
· Reception and office environment
· Exposure to general public and patients
All staff are expected to work within the spirit of the QGPSC values and behaviours:
· Quality of work through consistency of approach and challenging the norm.
· Growth, by showing a personal willingness to learn, change and innovate.
· Purpose through teamwork – cooperation, flexibility and communication.
· Supportive, respectful behaviour towards patients and each other.
· Contribution and commitment towards self-improvement and business success.
Skills and experience
· the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
· excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively within a team environment
· ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
· strong attention to detail in communication and data entry
· previous experience as a medical receptionist
· previous experience in use of the Best Practice
· working knowledge of Windows based software systems – Outlook, Word, Excel
· an understanding of the Medicare Benefits Schedule
· an understanding of medical terminology, medical and allied health professional organisations and relevant stakeholder
· be well motivated
· work as part of a team
· work independently
· able to work in a multi—disciplinary environment
· able to work under pressure
· a willingness to learn new skills and be open to suggestions
Please forward your resume to Lesley.email@example.com